This salad is the taste of summer. Tender baby greens, sweet ripe strawberries, crunchy peppery radishes, perfect heirloom tomatoes, and a nice little bite of red onion and lemony dressing. The colors are also a feast for the eyes. This salad is loosely inspired by the delicious salad served at our wedding reception, almost two years ago. Eating it brings back very sweet happy memories! This makes enough for 4 servings as an appetizer or side salad.
- 1 small bag (5 oz) baby mixed lettuces (I used Trader Joe’s herb salad mix)
- 1/2 cup of ripe strawberries, washed
- 2 purple radishes (I used Easter egg radishes), washed and trimmed
- 1 medium size ripe heirloom tomato (use a yellow one to complement the other colors)
- 1/2 of a small sweet purple onion
- juice of 1/2 lemon, fresh squeezed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp fleur de sel sea salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh finely ground black pepper
Whisk together your dressing ingredients and set aside. Wash and spin your greens if needed, and place in a large salad bowl.
Slice the radishes about 1/8 inch thick. Slice the purple onion very finely (almost paper-thin) and then chop roughly. Slice your strawberries about 1/4 inch thick.
Roughly chop your tomato with a serrated knife. Add all ingredients to the salad bowl and chill if it will be more than 20 min before you are ready to serve. Just before serving, add the dressing and give it all a light toss. Enjoy!